- Enjoyed time with the Pinson TN congregation, singing night tonight, snacks afterwards. DD attending there with boyfriend. They’ve been gracious to her.
- Also enjoyed lunch with Ron and Brenda Estes, he an elder with the West End congregation in St Charles MO, a supporter. We go there the 23rd.
- They’re having an area-wide lectureship Sep 20-22, so we plan to go for that as well, as participants, not speakers.
- First week here has been spent with family, so shortly things will pick up and we’ll be traveling more.
- Going to NLR Sep 16 to be with Somers Ave congregation for time with them.
- A verse, couplet: ‘Tis sugar that kills, and not the fat of pig, / But we prefer the sweets, and growing big.
- A verse, biblical: “… our Lord’s grace was abundant, bringing faith and love in Christ Jesus” 1 Timothy 1.14.
Destination of a long journey reached. Needed: rest, food, bath. So have travelers in all eras required after a trek, be it on foot, by Roman cargo ship, by carriage, or by a metal tube hurtling through the skies.
The Lord answered prayer for safe travels and, above and beyond, removed a traveler from our three-seat section so that the Missus and I had some extra space.
On arrival, a beautiful study Bible awaited me, gracious gift from a good friend. Did son and family get neglected for a few minutes while said Scripture got examined with care? The debate is open.
We are home, after unhappy adventures with AeroMexico. We’ll not likely try them again, even though they were cheap. So glad to be home, after happy time with family and friends in US. I walked in the door and proclaimed that I’d never leave again. But let me get a good night’s sleep. …
Today for packing, thinking ahead about the rest of the year, last hours to enjoy grandkids. Will be good to get home.
One more week in U.S., then headed home. Good to see family and friends. Will be good to get home.
Quick trip to North Little Rock yesterday, back to #Paragould today. Short but good time with folks at Somers Ave. congregation. Tomorrow, Mississippi.