- Enjoyed time with the Pinson TN congregation, singing night tonight, snacks afterwards. DD attending there with boyfriend. They’ve been gracious to her.
- Also enjoyed lunch with Ron and Brenda Estes, he an elder with the West End congregation in St Charles MO, a supporter. We go there the 23rd.
- They’re having an area-wide lectureship Sep 20-22, so we plan to go for that as well, as participants, not speakers.
- First week here has been spent with family, so shortly things will pick up and we’ll be traveling more.
- Going to NLR Sep 16 to be with Somers Ave congregation for time with them.
- A verse, couplet: ‘Tis sugar that kills, and not the fat of pig, / But we prefer the sweets, and growing big.
- A verse, biblical: “… our Lord’s grace was abundant, bringing faith and love in Christ Jesus” 1 Timothy 1.14.
My trainer told me to go easy on the sweets. (He’s the neighbor who keeps hinting for my wife’s brownies.) Today I went to #LeChemin chocolate store and ate a R$5,00 bar of no-sugar chocolate with bits of cacau. It was not bitter at all, a special type of chocolate, said the nice lady behind the counter. (Her husband makes all the chocolates by hand.) So I ate and enjoyed it, with an expresso, with no guilt at all.