Today’s devotional comes from the heart of one who has God’s mission in the forefront. Here’s a small paragraph from the powerful page:
Converts are a refreshing joy, III John 4. The unexpected should be expected in the Christian life. Sinners repent. The afflicted find peace. The cold embers of past faith are rekindled. Moments of success are times of festive celebration.
Are many full-time workers frustrated because they’re not evangelizing, but instead speaking to people unmoved by the gospel?
Focus question: How can a Christian cultivate the great expectation of seeing people convert to Christ?
This piece is excerpted from a Corollaries segment, called “Daily Attitudes.” Something I need to read every day.
- I rejoice in Christ.
- I thank God the Father for every good gift from his hand and for every opportunity to draw near to him.
- I live to glorify God and serve my neighbor, beginning with my spouse.
- I feel compassion toward the needy and choose to show love to all, especially to the family of faith.
- I am guided by the truth of Scripture and commit myself to follow Jesus wherever he may lead me.
- I depend upon the Holy Spirit for strength as I breathe the heavenly air of his words.
- Having Christ, I have it all; I seek to share his divine fullness with everyone around me.