1. Got the Bible lesson for tonight at the gym printed out with fill-in-the-blanks. People seem to like that. Not my style, but if it works for most, go with it.
2. Need to get the blinds up for my office window. Afternoon sun makes it almost impossible to work.
3. Hard to find stuff after the cleaning lady rearranges my office. I spent no little time looking for books that had been on my desk. Now ...
4. Time to pull out another box or two of books from the containers. Getting slow on putting them on the shelves.
5. The reason the old prophet from Bethel told the young man of God he had a message from the Lord was selfish. (See 1 Kings 13.) People make up divine communications because it's about them.
6. An original verse: God gives his order, waits for man to obey; / In matters of faith the obedient has no say.
7. A Bible verse: "Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful" Lk 6.36.
Did I not show you the containers holding my books and papers on our carport? Slowly getting stuff transferred into the home office.
A sister in the congregation brought it to me as a gift Tuesday. It got assembled Wed. So grateful for her kind act.
Is it wrong to speak of sharing the gospel with someone? Paul didn't think so, 1 Thes 2.8. (Most versions translate
metadidōmi as "share.")
With God's acceptance, we can face all our warts and shortcomings and work by his power to perfect holiness.
says we can only "try" to be Christians. Point that it's a process is well taken, but that doesn't mean we are less than saints, less than God's holy people.
I often pray that God will give us growth in all areas: numbers, spirit, good works, generosity, love, in knowledge and certainty of truth. What am I missing?
Every night, before laying your head upon your pillow, zero out all anger, irritation, resentment, and bitterness. You'll rest well and rise refreshed.
A verse of mine: My view, beyond my desk, of light and palm, / Refreshes the mind and brings the spirit calm.
7. A Bible verse: "For this reason Christ died and returned to life, so that he may be the Lord of both the dead and the living" Romans 14.9.
First to go in, Bibles. This is one section of three in the back part, where the old varanda was. Inside the old bedroom, to the left, is the major part of the library. More later. (Still lacking baseboards.)
Now shopping for desk and comfortable chair.
Here are some first images of the outside of my home office in the back yard. We closed in the back porch, removed the door from a bedroom on to the porch, and will use the bedroom and porch area for the home office. Still work to do, but it's getting there.
Here are some photos of my home office taken several days ago. Still need shelving. Photos of the outside to follow.