O Soul, do not miss the importance of this truth: Without gratitude in your heart, dissatisfaction will corrode your soul. Start your sentences frequently with the phrase: I’m thankful for/that … Ponder in great detail what good blessings God has given you. Do not let Satan point out to you all the things you are supposedly missing by obeying the Lord. He did this with Eve. He deceives with lies. Israel died in the desert from ingratitude. Do not faint and expire in your spiritual life from it. Hang on tightly to the gift of thanksgiving. It will save you at every turn. It will keep you in the presence of God. It will enliven your heart and flow out to encourage others. It will pave your way into eternal life.
This piece is excerpted from a Corollaries segment, called "Daily Attitudes." Something I need to read every day.
- I rejoice in Christ.
- I thank God the Father for every good gift from his hand and for every opportunity to draw near to him.
- I live to glorify God and serve my neighbor, beginning with my spouse.
- I feel compassion toward the needy and choose to show love to all, especially to the family of faith.
- I am guided by the truth of Scripture and commit myself to follow Jesus wherever he may lead me.
- I depend upon the Holy Spirit for strength as I breathe the heavenly air of his words.
- Having Christ, I have it all; I seek to share his divine fullness with everyone around me.
Read all of Ron's post:
I am grateful to the Lord, as I mentioned a moment ago, for the responsibility placed on me. It is my prayer He is pleased with what I am doing. I am grateful He has given me the ability to write, to think quickly and deeply, to challenge error, but to do so with compassion, understanding and without a threatening disposition. I am grateful to the Lord for a thick-skin. Time and again people try to penetrate, but I know my standing in the Lord’s presence. I know my strengths, and I know my weaknesses. I know what is true about me, and I know what is false about those things said concerning me. For me to be offended, as one sister said, one would need to use a two-by-four against me. I refuse to be troubled by that which is not the truth. In fact, it is only truth that I want to penetrate, and especially the Lord’s truth.