Twitter’s list feature allows you to assign feeds to specific groups. I have a friends list. On Saturday afternoon and night, this list is almost exclusively about sports. Do I need new friends?
My friends need to get interested in Hubzilla. Yet another reason: I’m ramping up my use of it.
- Crazy levels of privacy, when needed. (I got posts you can’t see, only members of my private groups.)
- Nomadic identity, so that you never need lose your stuff.
- Distributed, so that you’re not captive to a walled-garden site, no fear of your channel getting blocked or deleted.
- Federated, so you can join any Hubzilla site (or install your own) and still connect with people scattered around the net.
- Fine-grained options for sharing posts, files, photos, videos.
- No ads, not for profit, no data collection.
What’s not to like? You can even choose the hub you want to join.