This entry is from the dictionary of the 1947 Dickson Bible, my grandmother’s copy, and it reminded me of a friend:
Bee. Canaan, a land flowing with milk and honey, would denote that bees were numerous (Ex. 3.8; Ezek. 27.7). They lived in rocks and woods (Ps. 81.16; 1 Sam. 24.25; Ezek. 27.17). Their activities are described (Deut. 1.44; Ps. 118.12; Isa. 7.18).
My friends need to get interested in Hubzilla. Yet another reason: I’m ramping up my use of it.
- Crazy levels of privacy, when needed. (I got posts you can’t see, only members of my private groups.)
- Nomadic identity, so that you never need lose your stuff.
- Distributed, so that you’re not captive to a walled-garden site, no fear of your channel getting blocked or deleted.
- Federated, so you can join any Hubzilla site (or install your own) and still connect with people scattered around the net.
- Fine-grained options for sharing posts, files, photos, videos.
- No ads, not for profit, no data collection.
What’s not to like? You can even choose the hub you want to join.
The site is now set up to accept the registration of friends, if anybody wants to try it out. Don't yet consider this the final word, but it seems to be stable.