Missus arrived safely in the US, I'm casting about for something to eat. Tried a new place tonight, bagel with chicken and cream cheese. Quite good.
Around here, businesses and restaurants open and close frequently. Some good, some not so much. Is marketing the soul of the business, as Brazilians say?
Government red tape and high taxes kill many initiatives. Why simplify when you can complicate? In that mix corruption grows.
Finished a study with a young man about the purpose, power, and authority of Scripture. He accepted for himself the truth of the Bible being our only authority for spiritual things.
Doubling up pages to finish my #BulletJournal by month's end. New one is open and ready to go.
An original verse: "How good to hear from friends who live afar, / Their news attests to love and says they care.
A Bible verse: "He followed in his father Asa’s footsteps and was careful to do what the Lord approved" 2Chr 20.32.
My trainer told me to go easy on the sweets. (He's the neighbor who keeps hinting for my wife's brownies.) Today I went to #LeChemin chocolate store and ate a R$5,00 bar of no-sugar chocolate with bits of cacau. It was not bitter at all, a special type of chocolate, said the nice lady behind the counter. (Her husband makes all the chocolates by hand.) So I ate and enjoyed it, with an expresso, with no guilt at all.
1. Have looked a couple of times along streets between home and the office for possible rental options. It won't be an easy move from the office.
2. A number of people liked my Practicing Proverbs post for chapter 2. Someday I'll complete the whole 31 chapters, maybe.
3. Weight has inched up a bit in the last few days. Not a happy eater.
4. Had to go downtown this morning for a chore. Takes a while to get even a few blocks. Lights, traffic, pedestrians. Now I remember why I avoid going there.
5. Does anybody else out there ever eat a breakfast-type meal at night? It's eggs and bacon time for us this evening. And The Missus's zucchini and cinnamon bread. See Item 3 above.
6. An original item:
The rocks rose like warriors' spears,
Tree limbs snaked downward to heighten their fears,
Darkness dogged their faltering backs,
The jungle swallowed their souls and tracks.
7. A Bible verse:
Deceit is in the heart of those who plot evil, but those who promote peace have joy.
Remember the line "Water, water, and nary a drop to drink"? Here at my house now it's "Food, food, and nary a bite to eat"!
#Paragould's BBQ Shack also has great fish, not greasy, very light.