“There are at least five facts that all must face. We must live (Rom. 14:7); we must die (Heb. 9:27); we must be raised from the dead (John 5:28-29); we must face God in judgment (I Cor. 5:10), and we must live eternally somewhere (Matt. 25:46).” —Paul Wilmoth
1. Some days are more productive than others. Takeaway lesson: You never know what day will turn out to be productive. Slog through and discover.
2. Some people linger for months or years before death. Still, God’s saints who value life care for them with love. We’re seeing it happen now, again.
3. Finished writing today the “52 Actions of the Disciple of Christ.” Good feeling. Now for a revision, and it’s ready for the printer. Psalm 119 book is also done; I’ve asked a professional brother in Christ for an estimate on a revision.
4. Pope decided the Lord’s prayer needs to be better translated. He doesn’t like: “Lead us not into temptation.” This is once he might be right. Brazilian versions give us, “Do not let us fall into temptation.” What do you think about the English translations?
5. Did I mention that next to me opened up a beer and burger joint, with a name that includes the F-word? It’s pasted all over the front and side, and you can’t miss it. Time to move.
6. An original item:
Itself the murky mind can barely see,
For all the layers of deep dishonesty.
7. A Bible verse, from the NLT, from—why not?— Matthew 6.13:
“And don’t let us yield to temptation, but rescue us from the evil one.”