#1. Last magazine of the year picked up from the printer today. First one for next year is well along the way.
#2. Rained a good part of the afternoon, but it slacked up enough to let me walk to the gym for one of the most rigorous workouts ever.
#3. Good news a few days ago: Somers reinstating support level from 2016. Will be a blessed relief.
#4. Would be hasty step, but one is tempted to jump to using the Versão fácil de ler. Have been reading the OT portion, recently released.
#5. I usually take weeks to adjust to writing the new year properly. Today I put the date down as 2018. Getting ahead of myself.
#6. An original verse: He ate our food and felt our pains and aches; / With us in our hard war he still partakes.
#7. A Bible verse: “So do not throw away your confidence, because it has great reward” Heb 10.35.
#1. Demanding workout in CrossFit today, but I survived. Just feel those bulging muscles.
#2. Sat. class for young people in São Paulo is arriving fast, did more on my notes today. Topic: How to live wisely.
#3. DD arrives Sat. morning to spend holidays with us. Looking forward to her coming. She says she’s going with us to youth class. We’ll see.
#4. Experimented with a new devotional/meditation format using TiddlyWiki. If I can get the technical part down …
#5. Sunday comes holiday cookout with Urbanova folk. Not at our place. Relief!
#6. Original verse:
The burger place’s name contains profanity,
A joint for beer, disdain for good society.
#7. A Bible verse: “Faithfulness grows from the ground, and deliverance looks down from the sky” Psa 85.11.
1. Some days are more productive than others. Takeaway lesson: You never know what day will turn out to be productive. Slog through and discover.
2. Some people linger for months or years before death. Still, God’s saints who value life care for them with love. We’re seeing it happen now, again.
3. Finished writing today the “52 Actions of the Disciple of Christ.” Good feeling. Now for a revision, and it’s ready for the printer. Psalm 119 book is also done; I’ve asked a professional brother in Christ for an estimate on a revision.
4. Pope decided the Lord’s prayer needs to be better translated. He doesn’t like: “Lead us not into temptation.” This is once he might be right. Brazilian versions give us, “Do not let us fall into temptation.” What do you think about the English translations?
5. Did I mention that next to me opened up a beer and burger joint, with a name that includes the F-word? It’s pasted all over the front and side, and you can’t miss it. Time to move.
6. An original item:
Itself the murky mind can barely see,
For all the layers of deep dishonesty.
7. A Bible verse, from the NLT, from—why not?— Matthew 6.13:
“And don’t let us yield to temptation, but rescue us from the evil one.”
1. It’s just not complicated. Not like we can’t understand it. More like we don’t want it God’s way.
2. Some people need a spiritual Heimlich Maneuver.
3. Water is a blessed thing, until there’s too much of it.
4. Another support loss coming up in 2018. (An individual will no longer be able to help.) Will it be the first of several?
5. It may be a cliché, but the request to “guide, guard, and direct” is not a bad one at all.
6. A quatrain:
On God we wait and fully rely,
Our sufferings give us sharpest pain,
To him we raise our voice and cry,
We seek his will to make it plain.
7. A verse: “The godly face many dangers, but the Lord saves them from each one of them” Psalm 34.19.
1. Have looked a couple of times along streets between home and the office for possible rental options. It won’t be an easy move from the office.
2. A number of people liked my Practicing Proverbs post for chapter 2. Someday I’ll complete the whole 31 chapters, maybe.
3. Weight has inched up a bit in the last few days. Not a happy eater.
4. Had to go downtown this morning for a chore. Takes a while to get even a few blocks. Lights, traffic, pedestrians. Now I remember why I avoid going there.
5. Does anybody else out there ever eat a breakfast-type meal at night? It’s eggs and bacon time for us this evening. And The Missus’s zucchini and cinnamon bread. See Item 3 above.
6. An original item:
The rocks rose like warriors’ spears,
Tree limbs snaked downward to heighten their fears,
Darkness dogged their faltering backs,
The jungle swallowed their souls and tracks.
7. A Bible verse:
Deceit is in the heart of those who plot evil, but those who promote peace have joy.