1. It’s just not complicated. Not like we can’t understand it. More like we don’t want it God’s way.
2. Some people need a spiritual Heimlich Maneuver.
3. Water is a blessed thing, until there’s too much of it.
4. Another support loss coming up in 2018. (An individual will no longer be able to help.) Will it be the first of several?
5. It may be a cliché, but the request to “guide, guard, and direct” is not a bad one at all.
6. A quatrain:
On God we wait and fully rely,
Our sufferings give us sharpest pain,
To him we raise our voice and cry,
We seek his will to make it plain.
7. A verse: “The godly face many dangers, but the Lord saves them from each one of them” Psalm 34.19.
1. Have looked a couple of times along streets between home and the office for possible rental options. It won’t be an easy move from the office.
2. A number of people liked my Practicing Proverbs post for chapter 2. Someday I’ll complete the whole 31 chapters, maybe.
3. Weight has inched up a bit in the last few days. Not a happy eater.
4. Had to go downtown this morning for a chore. Takes a while to get even a few blocks. Lights, traffic, pedestrians. Now I remember why I avoid going there.
5. Does anybody else out there ever eat a breakfast-type meal at night? It’s eggs and bacon time for us this evening. And The Missus’s zucchini and cinnamon bread. See Item 3 above.
6. An original item:
The rocks rose like warriors’ spears,
Tree limbs snaked downward to heighten their fears,
Darkness dogged their faltering backs,
The jungle swallowed their souls and tracks.
7. A Bible verse:
Deceit is in the heart of those who plot evil, but those who promote peace have joy.