Let it come to a boil first before setting it in concrete, but pretty sure that, as a part of my mission statement, my Bible verse for 2018 will be Rom 5.5.
And hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us.
It contains the note of love, which was the theme of 2017 for us. It mentions the Holy Spirit, who is the focus for this year. It highlights the action of God, which is always good.
What’s not to like?
Some decisions made so far this year:
- Use a real Bullet Journal. Last year, for lack of option, I used a regular agenda and tried to make it into a BuJo. It worked fair to middling.
- Read Ed Mathews “Plow New Ground” for my daily devotionals.
- Keep using my old TiddlyWiki for digital notes, prayers, ideas, and articles, rather than starting with a new one.
- Started a list of books to read. Am reading the first on the list.
- Preach a series on “What We Know” to start out the year.
- Make 2018 the year of the Holy Spirit.
There’ll be more decisions to come soon.
Happy New Year! This will be my daily devotional reading for 2018, my old professor’s work, “Plow New Ground.” If you’ve not nailed anything down for this year, come read along with me.